I just went back through over 900 liked posts and dug out all the art tutorials so i can keep track of them. I guess this might be helpful to some of you guys, so here you go.
Here we go then!
Alchemy - this is a really fun program. You play around making abstract shapes until you start to see something in them, kind of like a Rorschach test. Then you use the shapes as a base to draw it from.
MyPaint - a pretty decent painting program that also has the benefit of working on Unix systems.
openCanvas 1.1 - I haven’t used openCanvas in years but it was a nice program with a pretty unique feel to it.
ArtRage - Only used this a couple of times donkey’s years ago just before I got oC, but I’ve heard good things about it.
The GIMP - In a similar vein to Photoshop, but free. I couldn’t get on with it when I tried it out a few years ago, but it’s pretty popular and is available on Unix systems and Macs.
Sketchbook copic: a bit different program
Photoshop - Standard painting fare. Probably the most flexible program (particularly the latest versions) but not designed to act in a “natural” way. If you’ve used it for painting versus something like Painter you know what I mean. Who the fuck pays for it though? Google “Photoshop tumblr masterpost” and take your pick.
Paint Tool Sai - Far more affordable and definitely worth paying for if you can. The brushes are very decent (especially when they’ve been tweaked a little), the gui is simple and intuitive, and I dare you to find a program with which making smooth lineart is easier.
Corel Painter - My program of choice for most things. More tools than you could ever possibly use and pretty cheap on a student license, providing that you can prove you’re a student! It’s got a few bugs but if you want realism or a more natural feel than PS or SAI this is the program for you.
expressions from different angles (love this site)
gamut mask tool (very nice!)
kuler (more colour schemes)
photoshop fur brushes (and tutorial)
Other peoples masterposts
love your fellow artist (anything from prompt generators to animation background here, very nice)
art e-books (mediafire download)
even more e-books (including human anatomy, animal anatomy, cartoons, animation, composition, design, scenery, perspective…)
criminallyincompetent (check out their #reference and #tutorial tags, they’re gold)
i think i’m gonna put a link to this on my about page for easier access dudes
- tratserenoyreve reblogged this from steampoweredwit
- vampirequeen likes this
- pastycake likes this
- karkat2exual reblogged this from darksstars
- melsreferenceblog reblogged this from starrisu
- momoblood likes this
- queen-of-the-weird likes this
- piggypoggy likes this
- lilium-superbum likes this
- black-galaxy-resetter reblogged this from candiedstars
- black-galaxy-resetter likes this
- asstroll-fencer likes this
- candiedstars reblogged this from kirinftr
- annabelesther reblogged this from geromykyle
- captainah-mazing likes this
- the-advantage reblogged this from dirkassstrider
- kanohikitekanohi likes this
- sharkiiee likes this
- bias-killed-them reblogged this from kankri-the-butt
- thatderpychick likes this
- novabecca likes this
- just-schmopf-here reblogged this from kankri-the-butt
- just-schmopf-here likes this
- kankri-the-butt reblogged this from mooshedpatatoes
- mooshedpatatoes reblogged this from gamzedmakaray
- gamzedmakaray reblogged this from dirkassstrider
- niltiakgiggle reblogged this from ericronus
- doktor-peet likes this
- hyaenidaes likes this
- bloodrou likes this
- dizzyeyedsiren likes this
- roomnumber203 likes this
- soufflegirlwhosawthestars likes this
- epical-duck reblogged this from dirkassstrider
- epical-duck likes this
- quintertime likes this
- aphaire likes this
- mellodousgodhead likes this
- munnaaaaaaa reblogged this from dirkassstrider
- kirinftr reblogged this from ericronus
- kirinftr likes this
- lavi97 reblogged this from dewdrops-on-roses
- silvertide likes this
- katamandy likes this
- readysetappreciate likes this
- claritytrip likes this
- slimecupcake likes this
- ericronus reblogged this from nativemiracles
- ericronus likes this
- kabe-n0-hana likes this