I’ve had this list sitting around for a while (in case I ever want to try something new) and I thought I’d share it, because why the hell not, everybody loves free stuff. I’ve only used a couple, so for all I know these could be complete shit. BUT YOU NEVER KNOW, RIGHT?
*= available for both windows and mac os
GIMP * - Does a lot of the same stuff as Photoshop.
FireAlpaca * - Similar to Paint Tool Sai, so it’s a good alternative for Mac users.
Autodesk Sketchbook Copic Edition * - Simulates the look of copic markers.
MyPaint * - Basic stuff, nothing fancy.
Pinta * - Drawing program modeled after paint.NET.
Inkscape * - Vector/drawing program meant to be similar to Illustrator.
ArtRage * - Digital painting program; you can get the trimmed down version for free or buy the full version with more features.
Sumo Paint * - In-browser drawing app.
DAZ Studio * - Some sort of 3D model poser thing.
Pencil * - Software for animating.
SketchUp * - Tool for making 3D models. Looks handy for stuff like architectural drawings.
Blender * - Pretty popular 3D software.
escape motions * - Some browser apps, fun to fiddle with when you’re bored (the fluid fire simulation is pretty cool imo).
Twistedbrush (Pixarra) - Seems to be meant for replicating the look of traditional media.
Pixia/Phierha - A popular program in Japan, according to the website.
Krita - This was originally made for Linux and it looks like the developers haven’t ironed out all of the kinks in the Windows installer.
Artweaver - Another trimmed down free thing if you don’t want to buy the full program.
paint.NET - Pretty basic kit, probably good for simple stuff.
Project Dogwaffle - I’m not sure what this one is all about because I couldn’t stop laughing at the terrible website.
Speedy Painter - Lightweight digital painting program.
mtPaint - Originally made for pixel art; simple enough to run on older computers.
Chasys Draw IES - Supposed to be some sort of drawing+image editor thing.
PaintRibbon - Seems to be another plain old basic image editor.
DrawPlus - Looks like it’s made for graphic design and vector stuff.
SmoothDraw - I’m guessing this is a basic thing for people who don’t want to bother with complicated stuff.
Might be useful for some of you guys! Also you should all check out Alchemy, too. It’s really fun to mess around with.
I can vouch for SAI, GIMP, Blender, Sketch up, and while I haven’t tried it, I want to point out Alpaca simply because SAI isn’t on MAC OSX and Alpaca is.
This is a gooood list of programs! Check’em out if you can’t get your hands on photoshop.
- puja723 reblogged this from sixelamarr
- elmsycat likes this
- xxre-kindled-flamexx likes this
- sixelamarr reblogged this from komru
- sixelamarr likes this
- nasaengineer reblogged this from kohidrop
- nasaengineer likes this
- spart343 reblogged this from bakrua
- spart343 likes this
- tofillaprompt likes this
- redstarsoldier likes this
- redstarsoldier reblogged this from komru
- randomawesomeweirdo likes this
- looloolightwood likes this
- erikaangela4 likes this
- serpionik likes this
- greybowtie likes this
- yuutfa likes this
- hijikata reblogged this from kohidrop
- yettcha likes this
- brightwing12 likes this
- runes01 reblogged this from swevlin
- kang-theconqueror reblogged this from kohidrop
- nerime likes this
- junnyknight likes this
- spoopcrow likes this
- morethanthedark likes this
- pendulum-swinger likes this
- kohidrop reblogged this from komru
- tinyarchangel likes this
- komru reblogged this from swevlin
- swevlin reblogged this from thatpersonbehindyou
- whutdiaper likes this
- kurohitsujii reblogged this from thatpersonbehindyou
- thatpersonbehindyou reblogged this from bakrua
- thatpersonbehindyou likes this
- veliciraptorhunter likes this
- shadybabystan reblogged this from how-to-art
- shadybabystan likes this
- leesho likes this
- nurseyosuke reblogged this from bakrua
- berry-hate reblogged this from bakrua
- canadiancam likes this
- in-everyheartbeat likes this
- circleswithincircles likes this
- themissmilky likes this
- aquawuzhere likes this
- anotherapparel reblogged this from grawly and added:
- anotherapparel likes this